Dental Emergency Services in Encino, CA
Are you experiencing a dental emergency and not sure what to do? We can help. Contact our office immediately for help in a dental emergency situation.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
We understand that the definition of a dental emergency can be a bit hazy. That’s why we are here to help clear it up for you. If you are experiencing any of the following situations, please contact our office to schedule an emergency appointment immediately.
- A loose adult tooth
- An adult tooth that has fallen out or has been knocked out
- An adult tooth that has been critically damaged (cracked or broken) in any way
- A tissue injury, such as to your cheeks, gums, or tongue
- Severe oral pain of any sort
We can help alleviate discomfort and eliminate pain, but only if you contact our office immediately. The sooner you reach us, the better chance we have of being able to save your tooth and reverse any damage. For information on what to do when an emergency occurs, read on.
What should I do in case of an emergency?
If you are experiencing any of the situations above, there are a few things you can do to aid the situation and seek help. Please follow these steps to protect your mouth from further harm and get the care you need right away.
- Secure any loose tooth or teeth that has fallen out. If possible, gently rinse it and return the lost tooth to its socket. If it is not possible to place it back in the socket, protect it from harm until you get to our office. Do not touch the tooth root!
- Stem any blood flow with a cold compress. If there is excessive bleeding that won’t stop, please get to an emergency room right away.
- Call our office immediately. We can be reached at 818-783-1515. If you catch us after hours, please call the cell phone number on the answering machine to reach Dr. Moin. We will work you in to see us the very same day, or the next day at the latest. We want you to get the care you need as soon as possible, and we will go out of our way to make that happen.
- Get to your emergency appointment as planned. Let us help repair the damage and alleviate your pain.
Remember, by following these steps, you may increase the likelihood of us being able to save your tooth. Also remember that in a life or death situation, you should visit the nearest emergency room immediately.
How can I schedule a non-emergency appointment?
Don’t have an dental emergency? That’s okay! We can still help. To schedule a non-emergency consultation, just call our office at 818-783-1515. If you catch us after hours, simply leave a message and we will get back with you soon. You can also send us a message using our online form. Just fill it out, click submit, and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible. Be sure to use the online form for non-emergency situations only. We will be happy to assist you in whatever your dental needs may be!